Saturday, March 24, 2007

Falling flat

listening to the feeling's 'Love It When You Call'...
I love it when you call
But you never call at all
~~~

I felt totally unfit when I went cycling two days back. The normal route seemed longer than usual and it was much harder to pedal the bike. Couldn't stop wheezing and panting after half an hour. Was in the mood for a night cycle again, so I wheeled out the ride. Then Dad came out from his car.

Kay: Hello dad, leave the gate open. I'm going out.
Dad: Where to?
Kay: Cycle.
Dad: On flat tyres?

No wonder I encountered difficulties while riding! Dad took out the air pump to inflate the wheels, and I did a trial round outside the house. Easy breezy! Nice.

Kay (happily): Thanks pop! Yeah! I'm not that old afterall. I'm still quite fit. Hoohoohoo...
Dad: And quite stupid too. Who cycles with flat tyres?

Off Dad went, into the house, sniggering at his own cleverness.
Horrible. I think he's not my real father.

No comments: