Saturday, November 03, 2007

Social responsibility of a blogger

There was a long article in the papers a couple of weeks back, about the New Age media, bloggers and blogging ethics. One point raised, was that bloggers have some sorta social responsibility towards their readers.
Thou shalt not leave thy readers high and dry by not updating thy blog.
Thou shalt not cut and paste junk, so as to deceive thy readers by saying 'hey, I DID update. Stuff. Sort of...'.
I haven't been updating much because I'd been busy (the most frequently used excuse), and nothing terribly exciting has happened.
~ No overseas trip. Cruise doesn't count. I'm talking about taking the plane.
~ No special announcement, e.g. 'I'm getting married', 'I'm pregnant' or 'I'm joining the Hari Krishna'.

Oh wait, on second thoughts, I do have things to say.
~ I have more work to cover since TY, JY and JF had left.
~ I have a new assistant program manager.
~ I'm off to Shanghai in December, thus I've to miss PH's wedding.
~ Exams stress is killing me and I'm studying in the office on a Saturday.
~ I'd just dropped a pack of chocolate wafer into my fish bowl. Frankie's shocked. So am I. Coz I ate up the biscuit anyway.

Last but not least, I'd been told that Care Bears are gay and dead. Bah! What do boys know about Care Bears anyway?

2 comments:

wondering out loud said...

U ate the biscuit??? Well as long as you managed to fish it out pat it dry and eat it... all in 5 secs :p

Carebears are not dead; they're at the home for retired cartoon characters, where my little pony and friends live...

~justin~ said...

why are carebears gay?

i used to like them alot ok!