Sunday, February 04, 2007

Moral of the story

listening to bic runga's'When I See You Smile'...
When I see you smile

It feels like I'm falling
It's not for anybody else to know
~~~

I rescued a lizard from the kitchen sink last night.
Too bad Bro was out or we would have forced him to catch it.
Sister stood far away behind me coz she was afraid I'd accidentally fling it into her face.
Coward.

Why the creature's suction pads didn't work I could not fathom. Each time it scurried up the side, almost reaching to the top, it slid right back to the bottom. After watching its futile attempts for a long time, I took a piece of paper and tried to scoop it out. The silly lizard was very uncooperative. For another good ten minutes, it either ran away or simply lied on the paper, waiting for me to do all the work.


Then I finally succeeded and set the lizard free in the garden.

Moral of the story (fake version):
This is a parable about trying your best.
Don't give up even if you're stuck in a situation. Someone will come along and give you a lift or a helping hand when the time is right.

Moral of the story (real version):
There is no actual moral of the story. I am pretending to be wise.
This is just a blog entry about me getting a lizard out of the kitchen sink last night. I was bored enough to write it, and you were mad enough to read up to this point.

Btw, I think I might have put the reptile too near the drain cover. With its limited intelligence, I wouldn't be surprised if it fell between the gap. From the sink, into the drain.
What a bummer.

3 comments:

~e~ said...

oops. there you go saving lizards and last night i go and (get my husband) to kill one....*ashamed*... but it DID give me a huge fright!!

kay said...

Lizards gross me out too. But I think smashed dead lizards are way more disgusting, so I try to chase the live ones to the neighbour's house.
Gimme a handful of cockroaches over one yucky lizard any day!

~justin~ said...

nice moral of the story! out of a lizard!!