Thursday, February 15, 2007

Winebar Lessons

listening to jacky cheung's 'Hao Jiu Bu Jian'...
和你的 記住了 雖然將來會塵封
也許一天再相逢 說聲好久不見 沉默了
What's the similarity between bad debts and people?
They can be written off.
Thanks Char, for looking out for me, but I'd already done that some time back.
Account deficit.
~~~


Three things I'd learnt from last Friday's Winebar session.

1. Be careful what you write in your blog coz you never know who is reading it.
One of the bartenders, whom I'll refer to as 'The 42nd President of USA', googled and found this blog. He was tickled to see his colleague's photo and asked me why I took the picture secretly. Mr President, if you're reading this, it was taken openly. Btw, I'll take your snapshot soon, ya?

2. Never leave an open tab at the bar. Especially when your ex girlfriend and her cronies are around.
Bumped into J's ex boyfriend at Winebar. He bought her a martini for old times sake, then walked away to talk to some friends. While waiting, we decided to order more drinks.
"Two more lychee martinis please," said J. "Oh, and charge them to his card," she continued without looking up from her nails.
And we toasted to the ex's good health.

3. Singapore is small, thus:
a) you always meet friends round the bend.
I caught a glimpse of Ben Papa and ran over to his table excitedly. He introduced some of his friends, who would be among his band of brothers during the wedding. I thought my opening line was self absorbedly charming: Hello, I'm Kay and I'll be one of the jie-meis for Joey, so hahaha good luck.

b) everyone's related to everybody else.
J's ex was my junior back in school. So was the ex boyfriend of another of her friend. I am friends with everyone's exes.

No comments: