Monday, April 07, 2008

The making of a pig

listening to jacky cheung's 'Qing Wang'...
~~~
I promised myself to be on a diet. Look what happened.

Friday night at D's place:
Wine, champagne, satay, bruschetta, crackers and cheese (cider, chedder, brie and smelly).
We also had some giam chye pork rib soup and salsa chicken.



Saturday night at N's place:
Thai food, sakura wine, chardonnay, lychee martini gelato, cookies and cream gelato, belgium chocolate ice-cream cake.
My craving for ice-cream was settled in one night.
(photo from asiaone webby)


Sunday's lunch at Sheraton:
Food's pretty good. Ambience was great too.
The company was hilarious. I ended up with a tummyache.
Then again, it could be from overeating oysters.
And crayfish, and grilled prawns, and sashimi, and chocolate souffle, and desserts...


Sunday's dinner at Ju Shin Jung:
My parents requested Korean food, so off we went to East Coast.
Bibimbab, samgetang, kimchi soup, BBQ dak and daeji, paju (pancake), jaban (grilled saba fish), plates of side dishes.
The service people were friendly and attentive, without being intrusive.
Btw, try the bokbunjaju (raspberry wine). Kinda like red wine, but slightly sweeter and fruitier.


Mmm.
What a splendid weekend to celebrate the complete of one exam.
Many weddings coming up. Must be on a diet.

"Now you shall pay for thy sin, you incorrigible glutton!" shrieked my body.

2 comments:

peters pans said...

eh, never comment on the good service of Ju Shin Jung meh.. should try beksoju too!

kay said...

PP: I did... I said they had excellent service. Nice without being suffocating. Haha.. I would try the beksoju, provided it tastes better than soju.
Me no like soju. Like sanitizing alcohol. And maotai. And vodka. Bleah...