Friday, April 24, 2009

Are you AWARE?

This morning was full of angst and anger.

Someone took my headphone AGAIN, and left it somewhere-out-there-God-knows-where.
Yes you may borrow my stuff, even without my permission, but please put it back in place!!!
TMD.

Then when R and I skimmed through the papers and some online articles, there were more icky news to put a grimace on my face. News about the Monk Who Bought a BMW (
as opposed to Ferrari) and news about the Woman Who Proclaims Herself 'Feminist Mentor'.

Simi gui si feminist mentor? (read in Hokkien)

I'm uncomfortable with her/their views on homosexuality, and how she and her followers seem to be imposing their religious beliefs. So if I were non-Christian and gay, would the new AWARE refuse to represent me? But hey, fundamentally I'm still a woman, right?

BTW, my GP sucks and I can't write argumentative essays to save my life. So don't bother telling me that I'd presented my points unclearly, I don't make sense yada yada. However, if you wanna share your thoughts, then feel free to do so.

More details here.


Link 1

2 comments:

wondering out loud said...

I think their issues are very real... but geezzzz does it really need to be on the papers everyday?
Sort it out man. I mean women.

~e~ said...

i think it should remain secular. they're supposed to championing women's rights. whatever the religion and sexual orientation. if the new bunch wants to impose their own views about religion and sexual orientation, they should just go set up their a new society - don't stage a hostile takeover and use it for your own cause...