Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bali bali good

listening to adam lambert's 'What Ya Want From Me'...
~~~
Back from Bali. I can finally understand how some people can pay homage to the place multiple times a year. 

Checklist for an awesome holiday:
a) Good references - friends (SA, E, Jens etc) told us where to go for food, spas and clubs. Ku De Ta, Ibu Oka, Dirty Duck, Breeze, Made Warung... I'm only sorry we didn't manage to squeeze clubbing into the agenda. SL, if you're reading this, let's arrange a trip there just for beach and clubbing when you're back from UK for holidays.

b) Nice villa - free upgrade to the two bedroom villa, with gadgets like iPod speakers and DVD player etc thrown in. Convenient location. Friendly hotel staff. Oh, there was a good looking pair of Australians who sunbathed while we had breakfast. We would consider that a perk too.

c) Easy going travel companions - Nobody killed anybody. We managed to have a good time together. Average rating for three of us was 8.75/10. And the deduction was mainly due to the sloppy spa which our driver brought us to. Luckily there was another spa session which saved the day.

d) Beach - sun, sea and sand. What's not to like? The boys roasted themselves on the beach while I attempted to drown myself.

e) Surfing - fun but scary! Thought it would be similar to wakeboarding but I was awfully wrong. The first few times when I was swept under water by the currents, I thought I was going to see light at the end of some tunnel. Turned out to be sunlight. Subsequently when I saw the waves looming over my head, I knew how to grimace, sigh, and wait for the salty water to engulf me totally. Btw, for a first-timer, I wasn't too bad. 

Then there was also the:

Legendary Kuta cowboy - There's a slight misconception here. They don't have to come from Kuta beach. They could be from any beach. While I was out in the ocean, clinging onto the surfboard, waiting for the right wave to come along and sweep me away (HELLLLOOO... FOCUS HERE. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE WATERS, NOT ANYTHING ELSE), my surf instructor suddenly asked if I wanted a 'boy massage'. I refused but he went on and on about it. I pretended my ears were stuffed up and I didn't understand English. Bad idea to offend him coz I was kinda far away from the shores. FYI, he looked more like the cow rather than the cowboy. After rejecting his offer for a torturous ten minutes, I jumped with joy when a huge wave came and swept me to the shore. I really have no idea why women, from what I heard especially the Japs and Koreans, went for them. Gimme Lee Hom anyday. 

Last but not least, let's not forget the:

Shopping - I like shopping. I hate bargaining. Bargaining is an art and I suck at it. I bought a mosaic bowl without wanting to buy it. Bargaining is stupid and I hate it. 

2 comments:

shine said...

Yes I read it!! definitely will do a bali stop when I come back. Not this year though but I'm sure you are up for it anytime! xxx

leo said...

my dad said he heard you talking on-air about going to bali with 2 guys - 1 who likes shopping and the other who doesn't!

hahaha