Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shinjuu

listening to usher's 'OMG'...
Usher's da man He's still rockin' it. I can't stop chanting 'omg' bits.
~~~

Dinner with J at Shinjuu last week. It's cool how J's so passionate about Jap cuisine, he's actually doing apprenticeship after office hours, at one of the Japanese restaurants. I'm into jap food too. To be more accurate, I'm into TUCKING in to the food. Hurhurhur. :)

Mainly grilled stuff at Shinjuu. Food's pretty good, but/and a little salty. Probably so that customers can chase them down with a pint of beer or some sake. Anyway, salty works for me, so no complaints there.

Some food pictures:




Orange thing in the bowl is the talk of the town these days: molluscs that predict winning football team. I'm not taking revenge on Paul or his relatives, though I have to admit I was a lil' annoyed when Germany beat Argentina. I craved tako sashimi then.

White strips of stingray with dollop of mayo and some ikura. Oh yums. A good alternative to the usual preparation of sambal BBQ. Chewy without being tough, flavourful... Went well with light Sapporo beer.

I can't imagine I'd ever eat this willingly!
At least not at the usual chicken rice stall. 
Guess what:

Grilled platter. Decent selection.

Tori ume shiso:

This was excellent! The meat was succulent and had a nice bbq scent to it. The taste of the plum and shiso leaf also complimented the chicken. Yums.

Hungry must eat.
Thirsty must drink.
Kanpai!

1 comment:

valtesar.blogspot.com said...

whoa! i feel hungry. i like to eat the arrays of foods display on your blog.