Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fishy biz

listening to cha ban sheng's 'Tai Tou Ming'...
~~~
Kids are funny sometimes.
My five year old nephew called my aunt to ask for some guppies.

Jord: Yi-po (grandaunt), can you give me two of your guppies?
Aunt: Sure, I'll bring to Chor-chor (great grandma)'s place on Saturday.
Jord: Thank you. I will give you my fighting fish ok?
Aunt: Erm.. it's okay. Thanks Jord, but I don't need your fighting fish. Keep it for yourself.
Jord: Take it take it.
Aunt: No it's alright.
Jord: Ok. Bye.

Two minutes later, my aunt's phone rang again.

Jord: Yi-po, I am Jord.
Aunt: Yes dear?
Jord: I think for a while and I think you MUST take my fighting fish.
Aunt: I don't want your fighting fish.
Jord: I take two of your guppies, so you must take my fighting fish. My fighting fish is very strong and beautiful. It is .... (spends five minutes telling my aunt how good his fighting fish is.)
Aunt: But I don't want it. You can have the guppies, but I don't want your fighting fish.
Jord: No. You MUST take my fighting fish. I will bring on Saturday. Ok. Bye.

That's how my fifty year old aunt, who tried to give away my cousin's guppies, ended up with a fighting fish. Which died in her care after two weeks. Jord still doesn't know. Oops.

1 comment:

~e~ said...

What if he asks to visit the fighting fish?...